Basic Programming questions

hello everyone,
I am just started my carrier in Automation field ,I know about the basic programming .Plz send me some programming questions of industrial level so that i can settled my hands on programming.....
plz send me some suggestions also for my future aspects...

Thanks & Regards
Ankit Chaurasia
:site:

Create 10 consecutive word areas and fill each of them with a positive random value. Write a loop in ladder logic using indexed addressing that returns the highest number, another that returns the lowest and another that returns the average.

Write a program to divert packages from a single input line into five receiving lines in a round-robin fashion. Bypass lines which are full or turned off.

Also, I had an interview once upon a time that they asked me to program a binary clock, using ladder logic. Was using a Square D Symax, love those by the way, and it was a very good learning experience. You need simulators, inputs and outputs to actually see the result, but it is a good mind bender. 0000-0001-0010-
0011-0100, so forth and so on.:site:

Hello Lancie sir ,
I am not able to understand your whole program,why you use LBL and according to question there are tree outputs highest ,lowest& average ....
plz sir if it is possible describe me i knw u only basics..

Regards
Ankit Chaurasia

Hello Arkyny sir,
I am not able to solve that question give mesome tips that how to start and what are the basic thing i need to know to solve that type of questions....
plz rep me...

Regards
Ankit Chaurasia

Hello Lancie sir ,
I am not able to understand your whole program,why you use LBL and according to question there are tree outputs highest ,lowest& average ....
plz sir if it is possible describe me i knw u only basics..
Ankit,

I can see why you are confused. I was answering the most-rectntly-asked question about how to create a random value (a so-called Random Number Generator). For that, there is only ONE random number output per trial run. I used the Label (LBL) to mark the beginning of the routine, so that it could easily be copied to a subroutine if used inside a larger program that needed a random number. If you create a separate routine, put a JMP that is triggered by a timer XIC T4:0/TT on Rung 001. When T4:0/DN goes ON, a new random number is available. B3:0/1can be used to halt the random-number generator and DO SOMETHING, then restart the random number generator.

See questions in Post #3 from Coulombboy:
How to fill a random value? Is there any instruction that do so, or shall we create? How to [do] in AB Micrologix?
There are no built-in AB MircoLogix random-number instructions, so you have to create your own routine.

Last edited:
I can count the number of times I needed pseudo random numbers on a real machine on one finger.

How about a carwash with pumps and pressure signals and lights and motors.

I can count the number of times I needed pseudo random numbers on a real machine on one finger.
True sentiment. It is similar to the traffic light problem: not very useful in the real industrial world, but very nice for the large number of student theoretical-type logic problems and requests that show up on this site. I once helped a student develop a PLC Simple Simon Game that needed a random number generator. (PLC program available upon request).

Put yourself in a beginner student's place. No input devices available (unless the PLC has a built-in operator touch screen), no output devices (except the indicator lights on the PLC). Now write a program that demonstrates your PLC programming ability or shows how much you have learned in this course....

Last edited:
Form Wikipedia.org
The term "round-robin" was originally used to describe a document signed by multiple parties in a circle to make it more difficult to determine the order in which it was signed, thus preventing a ringleader from being identified. The term has evolved to account for any activity in which a group of resources is interacted with singularly and in a circular order.

Student PLC Problem: Evergreen Bottled Water Company

Please send me some programming questions of industrial level so that I can settle my hands on programming.....
Here is a beginner-type problem for a typical industrial plant, a bottled water plant.

Last edited: