S7, Jumping from network to another

Are the networks in STL only for purpose to make reading/writing easier(perhaps making ladder->stl automatic conversions and such easier too)? Can I jump from network to network within FC endlessly and it doesn't cause any problems, like stack overflow or something? Is there differences between other environments than S7 about this?

I feel silly to ask this after writing code for several months, but thruth is that I haven't found any other use for the whole concept of networks within function than to make code easier to read :)

Similar Topics

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with an issue I have been having. I am using a 1762-IR4 input card for a PT100 3-wire RTD. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All I know this has always been a Siemens thing, but is there a way to stop the cursor from jumping to the next issue it thinks needs work...
Replies
Views
Hay everyone, I am using a Micrologix 1400 with 1762SC-IF8 module to read temperature from different parts of a plastic extrusion line. I am...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I have a 1769-IF8 analog ( 4-20 ) input card. Using a calibrator, but the 4-20 signal is jumping around . It is not too...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am having an issue with a Ultra 3000 jumping while stopped. It seem to be intermittent. I am using RS5K to control the servo. It...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom