FT transaction manager and DB2 database

eseeweb

hi to all
great to be able to find a forum like this to ask question. I am very new to FactoryTalk Transaction Manager. We are able to collect data from plc tag to our iSeries/400 DB2 database. It work great. Whenever we have a update on the tag it will write a record to our table in DB2. But, now, we are asked to do this:
a) when there is a new record in a table in DB2 is created
b) we need to read that record in DB2 and
c) update that record to a tag in plc

We do not know how to do it, or is there any documents or procedures we can follow? Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx, Ted.

To transfer data from the DB to a PLC using FTTM you will need to create a bi-directional transaction.

The transaction will require you to create a stored procedure in the database with variables that are declared as outputs. The stored procedure should query the database for the information you want to transfer to the PLC. The data will be sent to the PLC by the stored procedure using tags defined in FTTM that are bound to the result to accept and transfer the information.

And knowing how to create IN-OUT stored procedures in your database will be a great help as well. You can find stored procedures under "Programmability" in your selected database.

If you can, take the FTTM Transaction Manager course offered by Rockwell. I have taken it and highly recommend it if you want to do more than just collect data.

Sorry I could not be of more help. It's just hard to explain the intricacies of data collection using FTTM on a forum post.

DG