slc 5/04

GARRYA

I have an old slc 5/04 that was recycled from another plant not shore how it is configured but I can't establish communication with it. I am using windows 7 rs logic 500 rslinx lite and ab's 9300-usbs just not sure how to configure rslinx

What is the cable you are using between the adapter and the SLC. It should be a 1747-CP3 ( null-modem cable).

When all else fails you could try resetting the SLC to it's default conditions. See PDFs below. This will also clear any program that the SLC may have.

mickey,

I have already shorted out the processor vbb and gnd to clear it
I have tried a regular rs 232 cable with a null modem adptr
and a null modem cable (not rockwells) just radio shack brand
I have also tried the micro rs 232 port with cable 1761-cbl-pm02

I have also tried the micro rs 232 port with cable 1761-cbl-pm02

If you mean the round port on the SLC5/04, that is NOT a RS232 port it's a DH+ port.

Hopefully you didn't damage any thing you connected to it.

Did you check for a memory module in the SLC and remove it before you cleared the memory?

Its the only other way I could try I had A net ENI so I tried that when the rs232 cable didn't work

Its the only other way I could try I had A net ENI so I tried that when the rs232 cable didn't work

That may be, but as Mickey pointed out, the little round Port is not RS-232. It accesses the DH+ Network, and that is a completely different thing, both Electrically, and the Communications Protocol used. You are risking damage by trying to use it for something it is not.

Stu.....