Ladder Logic on GX developer

djdjmac888

Hi Guys
I really need some help with some ladder logic programming im trying to complete

I am trying to actuate an output and hold it on for 10 secs, the input is a photoelectric sensor and the output is a solenoid
when the PE sensor is actuated i intend for the solenoid to open for 10 secs
i have tried many different ways but i cant seem to get it working

I am using GX developer and a Mitsubishi PLC, in ladder logic format

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks Dan :oops:

Hi Guys
I really need some help with some ladder logic programming im trying to complete

I am trying to actuate an output and hold it on for 10 secs, the input is a photoelectric sensor and the output is a solenoid

Can you show what you have already tried - even if it does not work!!

Hi Guys

Hello,

I am not sure exactly you are asking for at first you said you wanted to hold a solenoid on for 10 seconds after the PE is activated. Then you said you wanted to hold it open for the 10 seconds...
At any rate I attached two files, the first holds it open for 10 seconds, otherwise on. The second is the opposite.

Hope this helps,
-Dave

Oh look, some clever chap has done it for him - and for free.
Good job he was here to teach the OP how it's done.

I'll call on him next time I need some free programming done.

Oh look, some clever chap has done it for him - and for free.
Good job he was here to teach the OP how it's done.

I'm sorry if you don't approve of me choosing to help the OP.

I don't think I just gave away enough info to push someone through a class. From what I can tell I gave away enough info to allow the OP to see how it works.

I'll call on him next time I need some free programming done.

And perhaps I will call on you to get permission to help someone before I give away such info in the future.

Thanks for that dave!

is the very first input(X000) just an normal 'open contact'? or is it something different
also i cant seem to write the second line into the program
[= T0 K0 ] ?

If you were nettled by my reply, you were meant to be.
This is a teaching site to help newbies along the road.

The problem the OP posted made it obvious the lad is very new at this
and moggie asked him to post what he had done so far.

That is the correct response so that he can be guided to where he has gone wrong and how to correct it. Doing that might teach him something.

Copying someone else's work is not teaching.

And, the irony is - he can't copy your work because you have used instructions that only the higher end Mitsi plc's use.

Not all plc's have rising/leading edge pulse or inline compare instructions.

It would be far better to do this fairly simple problem in generic ladder notation to make it understandable to a much wider audience.

Now don't take offence at me for informing you how us oldies like it to be done. We are happy if we have taught somebody something and not just given the answer. :)