PLC Local & Remote Modules

tahir4awan

I want to know about PLC local and remote modules that how they are connected and accessed.
1)What port in PLC and bus protocol use to connect local moudules with PLC?

2)What port in PLC and bus protocol use to connect remote modules with PLC?

3)What port in PLC and bus protocol use to connect racks with PLC?

4)What will be the address in ladder logic to access rack and remote modules?

I want to know about PLC local and remote modules that how they are connected and accessed.
1)What port in PLC and bus protocol use to connect local moudules with PLC?

2)What port in PLC and bus protocol use to connect remote modules with PLC?

3)What port in PLC and bus protocol use to connect racks with PLC?

4)What will be the address in ladder logic to access rack and remote modules?

The answer to all of these questions depends on the Manufacturer and Model of the PLC.

Stu....

If you are genuinely interested in learning about the architecture of the SLC-500 family of controllers, the best place to start is the User Manual:

RA Publication number 1747-UM011, SLC-500 Modular Hardware Style Controllers User Manual

This sounds like a homework question to me. Even so, if you show that you have put some effort into researching the controller platform, Forum members may be able to help you understand it better.

Ok I know remote I/O modules and racks are connected via serial bus i.e profibus,modbus etc. But I want to know what port or data bus is used to connect local modules in with PLC in a rack. For example 4 I/O local modules are installed in a rack with PLC then how these four modules will be connected (wired) with PLC? mean what communication port will be used?

Most logic controllers have a proprietary backplane bus.

All of Allen-Bradley's chassis use an application-specific bus chip that is unique to Rockwell Automation.

A handful of major control systems have used industry standard chassis, particularly VME.