Chassis Question

raccjim

I'm having a little trouble finding some info on the AB site, can anyone please tell me the difference between an AB1746-A09Q and a 1746-A10 chassis? A little background info, I need to expand an existing 7slot SLC500 to 10 slots to accomodate additional I/O for an upgrade project and could use a little clarification...

I've been in this business for almost 25 years and have never heard of the -A09Q... And the AB site has nothing about it either.

You want an -A10

Is the 1746-A09Q something you've physically seen, or just a part number in a stockroom somewhere ?

I've never heard of that part number, either. SLC chassis are 4, 7, 10, or 13 slots, with the part number 1746-Ax (where x= number of slots).

Yeah, Mickey, google seems to know, but I had already checked those links and they don't seem to tell me anything...

Even the PLCCENTER.com site lists the "1746-A09Q" as a 10-slot rack. It is probably a case of a misidentified part or erroneous catalog number being assigned by a receiving clerk.

Thanks for the replies,guys, That's exactly where I got the part #1746-A09Q, Lancie, from plccenter, I primarily asked the question because I was doing my price quotes and there was some difference in cost. I'm quoting the 1746-A10 but was curious about the other number...Thanks again for all your input!