New to Proficy machine edition

Jaybird61

I dont have much experience progaming with this software so Iam having a bit of a problem trying to program a flasher program. I cant seem to find a one shot coil. All I have to select from is Coil, Negate coil,Positive and Negative transition coil, Set coil and Reset coil. Any help would be appreciated.

The positive transition and negative transition coils are one-shots. Positive transition coils will be true for one scan when their controlling logic goes from false to true. Negative transition coils will be true for one scan wneh their controlling logic goes from true to false.

There are also a few System bits that you can use.
#T_10MS %S3, 0.01 second timer contact.
#T_100MS %S4, 0.1 second timer contact.
#T_SEC %S5, 1.0 second timer contact.
#T_MIN %S6, 1.0 minute timer contact.
They are not all available in every CPU model.

Once you Find your Way around you will find it to be pretty simple and straight Fwd.

Here is an example of a simple Flasher for a Light. Buzzer Ect. Copy and past in your rung.

NOCON ENABLE_FLASHER,G,%M00037; NCCON FLASHER_COIL,G,%M00038; TMR_TENTHS R00087,G,%R00087 7; H_WIRE; OFDT_TENTHS R00090,G,%R00090 7; H_WIRE; H_WIRE; H_WIRE; H_WIRE; COIL FLASHER_COIL,G,%M00038;

Thanks!!!! That helped out great, now when I go to make another rung similar to that what number do I put in instead of R00087 and R00090? I have tried going up or down a few numbers but it doesnt seem to work and then the orignal rung wont work also. This has been quit a struggle for me, I use to AB stuff. Thanks again for your help.

Unlike AB, GE does not have a separate memory area for timers or counters. Instead, the key thing to remember about timers and counters in GE series 90 is that each one uses three consecutive %R addresses. The first of those three is the address you specify when you use the timer or counter instruction, but it also uses the next two. In the example that sjohnson gave you, the timer addressed to %R00087 actually uses %R00087, %R00088, and %R00089. That's why he used %R00090 as the address for the second timer.

The first address is the equivalent of AB's .ACC word. The second address is the equivalent of AB's .PRE word. Even if you specify a constant for the preset, the constant value gets written into the second address. You put a coil instruction at the output node of the timer function and it duplicates AB's DN bit.

Exactly like steve said. When mapping memmory area. Or addressing. Use the Reference address Wizzard or Just put %R Or %M ect and hit enter in the inspector and Proficy will automatically use the next available address.