WTB: controller+OIT+comms allinone

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a panel-mounted unit that has a small amount of I/O,
keypad or touch interface for operator interaction, comm port for
non-Proprietary I/O Modbus (or Profibus), ethernet, serial, etc.

The thing should have a logic engine and a graphical display function.

(Imagine: ProFace GLC with a Modbus port)

Any ideas?

Jeff,

You can look at www.unitronics.com

They offer an all in one package.

How come you are looking for an all in one?

Keep in mind the following:

1. Your output ratings will be lower than with a traditional PLC, due to space restrictions.
2. All your I/O terminates at the door of your enclosure. This could cause problems down the road, in terms of loose wiring and wiring wearing out.

With a separate PLC and operator interface, you have one connection for power and one for the serial interface that terminate at the panel door. All other wiring remains stationary in the enclosure. Typically, the Interface terminal is a DB-9, rather than a screw terminal used for the I/O with the all in one packages. Obviously, you wouldn't have any serial connection with the all in one packages.

On the higher end, Horner makes an all in one solution as well.

http://www.heapg.com

Hope this helps,

God Bless,

Check out the C7 line from Siemens. There are versions with keys or touch and some have integrated Profibus or AS-i ports.