Siemens PM-E Diagnostics

Hello
I have set up the HW Config to reflect my hardware. The first slot of my ET200S (Slot 4) has a PM-E power module (6ES7 138-4CA01-0AA0). This module is showing a ‘Diagnostic Address’ of 2042*

My question is; How do I access the diagnostic information for this module? I want to know when the module loses power so that I can show an alarm on the HMI.

After many hours searching many Siemens manuals o_O, I am at the point of giving up. Can anybody help?

Thanks

If you set the parameter "Diagnostics: No load voltage" to ON, then I think that OB82 will be triggered when there is a power supply error on the PM-E module. In OB82 you can trigger an alarm. Havent done this myself. I suggest you give it a try and report back here.

To display detailed diagnostics information, if you have a PN CPU, simply enable the webserver. This opens up for that the end-user can view the diagnostics buffer in a web-browser. Zero effort necessary on your part.

Thanks Jesper
The ‘No load voltage L+’ is Ticked in the PM-E properties.
I have found out how to set up the Webserver (in object properties of the CPU in HW Config) and the buffer is reporting Event 16#3942 when I remove power from the PM-E in Slot 4. I also get the same Event when I remove power from the next PM-E in Slot 12.

I’m still experimenting with OB82 and will report back.
I can’t find much info on the SFC51 usage.
Cheers (y)

Thanks Peter
I already have this manual, but a search for SFC51 returned very little. Admittedly there are about 800 pages and I'm sure if I read it cover to cover I might find how to carry out the 'simple' task I am trying to acheive. I am a slow reader, so I'll try that as last resort!

[..] and the buffer is reporting Event 16#3942 when I remove power from the PM-E in Slot 4. I also get the same Event when I remove power from the next PM-E in Slot 12.

I’m still experimenting with OB82 and will report back.
In the diagnostics buffer it will say which error OB is being triggered together with the diagnostics entry.

Thanks Peter
I already have this manual, but a search for SFC51 returned very little. Admittedly there are about 800 pages and I'm sure if I read it cover to cover I might find how to carry out the 'simple' task I am trying to acheive. I am a slow reader, so I'll try that as last resort!

Section 13.3 is for SFC51

Section 33 for Diagnostic data

and Section 34 for System Status Lists

Peter
I just realised that the manual you gave me a link to is newer than the one I downloaded. The newer one (May 2010) has the extra section on SFC51 and the one I downloaded last month doesn’t.
I guess this just highlights the mess that Siemens have got their website into.

Thanks again

In the same manual Section 1.18, it describes the information available when OB82 is called, the local data will contain the logical base address of a faulted module and a reason for the fault.

Could be easier.

It says in the diagnostics buffer that OB82 was triggered (52hex=82dec).

I am disappointed that there is no text description of the fault. Do you get the same if you use STEP7 to check the diagnostics buffer ?

I have failed to find the necessary information to fill in the SFC51 call block, shown above (named ‘RDSYSST’ for reasons only known to Siemens!). I am not sure what to do with the Input address 2042 or the Event ID 16#3942 or how to locate a SSL-ID number (SZL-ID as shown in ladder).
If somebody has ever used this before, I beg you to please post an example of its use. Thank you. 🤞🏻