How to connect Microsoft Excel 2007 to WPLSoft or any other PLC Software?

TonyDrago

Hi there,

I am a final year student currently working on my final year project, My project is on creating an automated storage & retrieval system. I have to be able to connect my excel database to wplsoft (i.e. my excel database serves as an input to my plc programme). I used VBA (Visual Basic) in excel to create a simple interface which prompts the user to store. Upon clicking "yes", I want the signal to be transferred to the wplsoft as an input to start moving the plc parts. Is this possible? Do i need an intermediate hardware/software to do this? Please help and thanks in advance!!

This must be the final project for a lot of students this year. See this thread from member "Qingtian28" for a similar discussion.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=74563

From having done this in a real packaging plant, it is easier to read the barcode into PLC memory, then move it from there into an Excel Spreadsheet:

Use this:
Barcode scanner---> PLC memory---> VBA code to move barcode to Excel.

NOT this:
Barcode scanner---> VBA code to move barcode to Excel---> PLC memory.

Upon clicking "yes", I want the signal to be transferred to the wplsoft as an input to start moving the plc parts.
Click "YES" to transfer signal to PLC to read barcode scanner, THEN move the barcode data from PLC to WPLSoft.

Last edited: