Ms dos

DOS is not freeware it is abondonware so it is still illegal to distribute it. If you know someone who has a MSDN account like maybe your IT dept you can still get it there or ebay is a good option.

You could also try free dos http://www.freedos.org/ it is 99% dos compatible and is truly a free product.

Anyone got a link or can help with

DOS 3.2/3.3 & 4/4.22

Install disks - not a boot disk or image

Kept them for years and years thinking they might come useful one day....

Binned them about 6 weeks ago... that sucks, dave

Hello,

Try the follow link: "http://www.mediafire.com/?d3nwmjmjixt".
Just out of curiosity, why do you need this version of MS-DOS?

Best regards,
Daniel

I still have some old DOS installation floppy disks. What do you need, a particular file or a list of the files, or what? Let me check to see what DOS version thet are, could be later version.

EDIT: Sorry, what I have is the 3-disk set for MS-DOS version 6.2.

Last edited:
It has to be DOS 3.2/3.3 or 4/4.22

Free dos and other flavours are no good

CNC machine hdd failure, customer has ms dos box, disks, manuals ad all but disks are knackered

Its for a friend of mine, I have 5 and 6 but that is no good as the CNC software will only run on 3 or 4

It has to be DOS 3.2/3.3 or 4/4.22

Free dos and other flavours are no good

CNC machine hdd failure, customer has ms dos box, disks, manuals ad all but disks are knackered

Its for a friend of mine, I have 5 and 6 but that is no good as the CNC software will only run on 3 or 4
I have backup copies of MS-DOS 3.3 on two DS/DD 5.25 inch floppies. How can I help you with them?

Last edited:
Did you try SETVER? That command was created for exactly this situation.
"SETVER.EXE must be loaded as a device driver in CONFIG.SYS in order to use this command."
See SETVER in this link. If you have DOS 6.xx loaded, type HELP SETVER for online help and examples.

If you have something that requires an operating system that has been obsolete for 20+ years, and won't run on anything else, don't you think it is probably time to do some kind of an upgrade? This is just one of the costs of obsolescence.