Slot 0 of Allen Bradley PLC

tahir4awan

It is said that slot 0 is PLC itself in a rack. But I don't see any I/O slot in a modular PLC. Then why do we use slot 0 address?

It is said that slot 0 is PLC itself in a rack. But I don't see any I/O slot in a modular PLC. Then why do we use slot 0 address?

Normally Slot 0 is the left most Slot, but it again depends on the manufacturer of the PLC. This is normally where the PLC Processor, or the Communications Adapter would go.

The new PAC Controllers can be in any position, and in many cases there can be multiple Controllers in one chassis. The Backplane is just a Communications Bus. Although, the Processor usually goes into Slot 0 by convention.

For example the Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLCs.

Stu.....

Similar Topics

Hi! I need to add a contact to an existing AB system and I'm getting WAY too confused with the setup I have here. The PLC is a Allen Bradley...
Replies
Views
Guys, anybody know what type (generic would be nice) RAM stick can be placed on the Allen Bradley Panelview 1400e SIMM (DIMM?) slot on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new on Allen Bradley PLC's and i'm in process to buy a 1746-A7 chassis with power supply 1746-P2.I've already a processor 5/02. If i buy...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, I am getting random rack/slot errors. I go to download and everything is ok but then it has a error. For example - Yesterday everything...
Replies
Views
Hi All What I understood from various manuals (e.g. rm094 & um543) is that you have the freedom to allocate any module to any slot. I understand...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom