Using a wireless switch with a 1794-AENT

Rob S.

Good Morning , We have a transfer car that has a Cat 5 Ethernet Cable that is running in a festoon type system. I would like to go wireless with this Ethernet signal.How does a 1794-AENT do with a wireless system going back to the plc ?There is really nothing high speed , just plates in the floor to stop at certain tracks. I have a little concern with it overshooting.Thanks and have a great day.

I have not tried this - However.
After you set up the Wifi e/net there should be no problem.
I would set up a 'watchdog' program - send and receive a pulse every so often if this pulse is missed then lock out and fault the process.
ssounds easy - hope it is.

Similar Topics

I know this can be done, but I can't get the router config right. My goal is to physically connect(using an ethernet cable) a device(PLC, RTU...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , I'm looking to upgrade a Transfer Car that travels about 150' . At the moment it uses DeviceNet. My goal is to eliminate...
Replies
Views
Pls I am a little bit new to PLC. I am to use PLC for remote monitoring and control. I will like to know if a wireless sensor can be used on a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, would like to know whether we can program Siemens PLC on profibus network over the air like the diagram attached? Can we use IWlan/PB to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am working on a project in which I kind of have to "use the resources at my disposal as best and cheaply as possible." I need some help...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom