plc basics

laura_jenny

hi
can u plz send me some site where i can learn ,any free online books,i cnt afford money for taking training.i want to learn plc functions
plz help me

it would help if we knew which plc you are talking about.
in the UK there are 4 major brands that i know of when i worked with another company.
Mitsubishi, Omron, Siemens, Allen Bradley.
each one has their own style of programming.

allen bradley - goto www.ab.com in the literature section
rslogix 500 beginner software is at www.mrplc.com

these are the ones i know about.

regards,
james

i THINK THE BEST SITE IS AUTOMATIONDIRECT.COM -THEY HAVE THE BEST AND CHEAPEST LINE OF PLC PRODUCTS, HOWEVER, YOU CAN BUY GREAT BOOKS AND CDS FROM THE SITE WE ARE ON RIGHT NOW

Laura,

PLC Programming is taught in schools. However, another viable option is "hands-on" learning.

See if you can get a job in a local industrial manufacturing facility, and work as an "understudy" or an apprentice. You will make low wages at first, but if you are a fast learner, you will be called upon when your superior is unavailable. At that time you will you will demonstrate your acquired, cool, analytacal, correct assement, and corrective measure, and be lauded the "HERO".

The immediate reward of "problem solved", is an unmeasurable payback that is self rewarding, but soon the monies will back that up also.

Go Get 'em Laura

Go to www.3s-software.com
download their codesys software.
when pressing F1 you will get good help.
it is free, and used by a lot of PLC machines.
It has also a very good simulation setting, when you make a visual it is easy to do.
questions please in the 3s forum, also on the site.

thnks for ur help i have started learning
can u say simple words where to use NO and NC
this is bit confusing me normally open means its high curent will flow,
normally closed means current will stop no current will flow .so can any one explain it when to use and when not to use
thnk u

Laura, read up on relays, PLC terminology borrows from them.
In short, NO and NC are the states of the contacts when the corresponding coils are UNenergized.
The Normally Open contact closes when its coil is energized and then activates whatever is downstream from it.
The Normally Closed contact is the inverse,it opens and deactivates downstream.

Also, rather than current flow think in states. Something is ACTIVE when the contacts leading to it are active.

Read up on series (AND) and parallel (OR) connections of contacts and their Boolean equations.

By the way, don't use "txt spk" here, we prefer normal grammatical language.

Last edited:
thnak u
i have been with timers and i understood when to use en bit,dnbit,
when to use T acc BIT AND T ttbit
tt is the time interval between acc value to reach and preset value right right
then wht is t acc