slc5/05 msg instruction error code 8h

tim.hanlon

Hey everyone,
I have simple radio network set up with a SLC 5/05 and a MicroLogix 1500 LRP. The radios are MDS 9810 serial radios. My goal is to read 2 floats from the Micro into the SLC. The radios appear to be working fine and I think I have tried every possible port configuration. Here they are
Case 1: Used Micrologix CH1 (9 pin serial port) to connect to the radio and used DF1 Slave as the protocol the SLC was the master. With this I would get an error of "message timed out in Local controller". Baiscally it was not getting to the Micro and Comm 1 light never came on.
Case 2: Instead of CH1 I used CH0 (the round serial connection) and kept the master slave configuration. With this I could see Comm 0 was active and responding. But the SLC gave me an error of "Target Node Could not Respond" error 8h. Dont know why?
My address is correct and I know the F8 registers I am trying to read are there. I aslo tried with N7 registers. I have also tried using the DF1 Radio Modem protocol and nothing. Any ideas would be appreciated