seimans 7 400 PLC and GE Proficy change management software

bm1971

I m installing GE Proficy Change Management Software at site. We use GE Fanuc PLC's on firld equipment.

But the process plant is changing to Seimans 7 400 PLC's running on PCS 7 V7.1 software.

Is this compatible with the Proficy Change Management software to allow a single point for version control and access.

I know the PCS 7 has this ability but we would like asingle point of control using GE Proficy Manager.

Secondly if it is not compatible does anyone know of a program that would be compatible for both GE Fanuc PLC and Siemans Ucsing PCS 7 software so I can have one point for version control and access amongst other things.

Thanks

I am confused, the guru's from GE are telling me that it (Seimans PCS 7) isn't supported with Proficy Change Management. His response below.

What are your thoughts.
Thanks barry

Hi Barry,

I have looked through the IPI for the latest version of PCM and we do not currently support PCS (any version) we only support S5/S7 and some CNC stuff:

Project Type Modules
Siemens S7: Versions 5.3x and 5.4 SP1 and 5.4 SP4.
As-is Project Type Modules
The following project types have not been validated for the Proficy Change Management 5.9 and 6.5 products, and are available as is:
Siemens S5: Version 7.2.
Siemens 840D CNC: Siemens 840D CNC ARC files from the archiving system in the CNC PCU (PC Unit).

Depending on the required functionality, the PCS project types could be added as a custom project type.

I can give you a call on Monday to discuss if you’d like?

Regards,

I'm confused too, the documented in the link references Siemens S7. Maybe I answered the wrong question. If GEIP gave you an answer why do you expect a better one from the general public?

they hadn't replied before the original posting to my question

GE Proficy does support Step 7 but when it is running on PCS 7 software it doesn;t support it, apparently. I don't understand why.

I didn't have a respnse from GE when I posted the original question. there response came through after I had the reply.

Thanks for the help.