Power loss messing up Profibus network

orense

Hello,

I have a Siemens 315 -2PN/DP plc, that is connected to a WAGO Profibus slave module, and a MP277 touch panel, through Profibus.

The WAGO module is placed inside a fan module that is supplied with 400 volt. That is where the module gets it power from, through transformers.

The plc is in the middle of the panel and the WAGO slave on the topology.

When we turn of the power on the fan module, and the slave looses it's supply, all the numbers on the panel becomes ###, hence something happens to the Profibus between the cpu and the panel.

If we only remove the Profibus plug from the slave module, then nothing happens to the panel.

Can the cpu distinguish between the slave disappering because of power loss, or because of plug removal?? Sounds strange to me....

Anybody have any suggestions to why there are differences in the two scenarios where the slave goes down?

brg
Andreas