Connection with S7 200

bayeibrahima

Hello,
I'm trying to connect with S7 200 via USB PPI RS485 Cable
I've followed the procedure and the cable is detected in Device manager, the port attibuted is COM 29
If I select COM29 in "PPI local Connection",it doesn't change and it remains on "USB"
I've verified all the parameters, but it never Change, it continue to remain on "USB"
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Best regards

i forgot to tell you I use Windows Vista, and when I enter the advanced COM ports setup, I notice that many others com ports are currently in use; but the COM 29 port I use for S7 200 Comunication Setup is not in this list

Make sure you run the programme as Administrator or it doesn't accept changes in the Port. For a quick test right click the programme in the programme list and select Run as Administrator.

Thanks for your shiny answers, BryanG and Geniusintraining
I'll continue the settings on Monday and I'll let you know as soon as possible
Best regards

Hello Genius
no it's in another post where I get a message while uploading,it tells" the bloc code version is more recent and can't be uploaded from CPU" and I think this message mean that programm is made by a version of software wich higher than mine (Microwin SP8)
That's why I was wondering if I'm wrong , please can someone rectify.