Siemens Program Manipulation

nomsz

Hi All! I have been programming using A-B & Rockwell Software for the past 18 years. Just recently, our company received a programming job for a food factory with Siemens CPU 319-3 PN/DP. Everything was going well till I hit a major bump in programming. The program used a lot of multiplexing & indexing and I'm having problems tracing the source and destinations of certain files to a certain degree, but most of it comes to dead end o_O . To top it all off, all comments are in German šŸ™ƒ . I need help tracing these "dead ends". Tips anyone?

Hello nomsz;
Bayeibrahima's praise is misleading, in as much as we have many experts on hand in the Siemens forum ready to help for questions such as yours.
And continue asking on plcs.net, many members are very knowledgeable on Siemens equipment and I have found many answers here that I signaled on the Siemens forum.
Now, about your question: it is true that indexed addressing in Simatic Manager will make the cross-reference unusable, as it works well only with absolute addressing.
However, in the following link you will find a workaround proposed by one of the very active members of the Siemens forum, fritz, replying to a similar request:
https://www.automation.siemens.com/...ow.aspx?HTTPS=REDIR&PostID=297154&language=en

I suggest you create a source file of all blocks to begin with.
To do so, open any block (e.g. OB1), go to the File menu, select "Generate Source", choose a name for the source file (e.g. "All_Blocks"), select all Blocks and click on OK.

Thereafter, open the source file which will now allow you to do a text based search through the whole program for all the indirect addressing related usual suspects (e.g. terms like "AR1", "AR2", "[", "]", "P#" etc.).
If you know the I/O address, you may also want to search for the INT address number of the peripheral input (e.g. 128 if it is PIW128) as well as the HEX address number (e.g. 80 if it is PIW128) in case this is used for example as a parameter for an FC.

I hope this helps and please let us know what you find.

Cheers

fritz

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier