Redundant Controlnet cabling

dogleg43

The system I'm drawing up is a ControlLogix redundant system using 1756-RM and 1756-CNBR modules.

My question is do I have to run redundant Controlnet cables to each rack or will only one cable be OK? AB's documentation isn't 100% clear to me.

All racks, processors, and HMI's will be in the same control panel.

Thanks.

In general, ControlLogix Redundancy does not require dual ControlNet cabling. But if you are spending the money for modules that support it, why not take advantage of it ?

Check the Release Notes for the Redundancy release you are using; they include very detailed and specific notes on which modules and firmware will work.

In general, ControlLogix Redundancy does not require dual ControlNet cabling.
Or another way of thinking about it - ControlLogix Redundancy (ie the RM modules) duplicates the "Brain Rack"
- Dual ControlNet cabling means that the communications path from the brain rack to the IO Racks has a redundant physical link.
Great for remote racks (ie 1 km away), Great for adding IO while running.

Check the Release Notes for the Redundancy release you are using; they include very detailed and specific notes on which modules and firmware will work.
+1