GE Fanuc Cimplicity

jawad rasool

Hi all,

I'm working on Cimplicity 8.2, I've to add new objects to my application and these objects will be copies of already existing objects. I only have to modify Names and addresses of the newly added objects. I'm looking for some information regarding Import/ Export of the Object data to some other format like .csv, so that I would save my time.

Thanks for the support, this article is about Cimplicity Machine Edition (PLC Logic Developer) where as I'm stuck in Cimplicity (HMI/ Scada).

Well, if it doesn't match exactly, I am sure it will be similar.
I believe the last time I worked on Cimplity, it was around V5.0, and it did both PLCs and HMIs.

Try exporting from an existing Project, and then you can look at the Format.

You can also look to the GE Support Web Site for help.

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=home&view=AUTOMATION

Stu....

For all you AB gurus an FYI.
Cimplicity HMI SCADA is to Cimplicity (Proficy) Machine Edition as RS View is to RS 5000.
Similar name, but that's about it.
You are correct in that detailed information can be found on both at the GEIP support website.

Last edited:
Hmmm, unfortunate that they used basically the same name.

Thank you for the information Russ.

Stu....

Well, if it doesn't match exactly, I am sure it will be similar.
I believe the last time I worked on Cimplity, it was around V5.0, and it did both PLCs and HMIs.

Try exporting from an existing Project, and then you can look at the Format.

You can also look to the GE Support Web Site for help.

http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=home&view=AUTOMATION

Stu....

I've tried it but it only copies the first column (names of the objects) only, not the details. I've to play with the address which are not being copied to excel.... ;-(

The post you are referring is also started by me. I've also tried that procedure but that method can only export points.
Did you try both suggestions? I do not believe that more solutions will be brought up.
How many changes do you need to make, is it hundreds or thousands? Please do not take this wrong but in the time it takes to read all of these posts, one could have built dozens of objects from start to finish.

There is a command that is used from Cimplicity command prompt. I believe under the file menu "TOOLS" you can find command prompt.
You can the use the dos command "clie export data.csv" to export your tags to a csv file. You can then open it in Excel or notepad.
To import it back in (with changes) use "clie import data.csv"

There is a command that is used from Cimplicity command prompt. I believe under the file menu "TOOLS" you can find command prompt.
You can the use the dos command "clie export data.csv" to export your tags to a csv file. You can then open it in Excel or notepad.
To import it back in (with changes) use "clie import data.csv"

Thanks it provided me some way out to deal with the issue, I was completely hopeless in this issue when GE support guy told me that they don't have any in built function to import/ export object.....

when I try to open an application (developed in some other system and I don't know the specs of that syatem, i only know that the application was developed with Cimplicity 6.1 SP 1a), a pop up message appears "Opening a Redudant Project requires redundancy to be installed". Plz help what is this??