Mlogix and pv300

which type of PV

One that supports DF1 or DH485 protocol. Your ML1000's serial port will have to be configured for the protocol the PV supports.

You can then use a 2711-NC21 or NC22 cable (straight thru) to directly connect the PLC and PV together.

PV300.png

We really need to know the complete catalog number of your PV.

Or use a memory card, see PDF.

Last edited:
HI MICKEY
Thanks for the reply. I have a laptop with serial port running winXP and panelview 300 (cat#2711-k3A5L1) with only one port 9 pin which is going to be connected to micrologix 1000.
Question:
1- first communication needs to be established between laptop and pv 300 so that program can be downloaded to pv300 through panel builder software.
2- after successful download to pv 300 then needs to be connected to micrologix 1000 for operation.
I wonder if you can tell me the steps in brief. Thanks

You can use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver in RSlinx. With a 2711-NC21 or 22 cable to program the PV. Then use the same cable for the ML1000 connection. The port on the ML1000 will have to be configured for DH485 protocol.

There are issues if you have service pack 3 on your XP PC. See link for a fix for that.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51959

Or use a memory card to program the PV as stated above post #7.

When configuring the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSlinx it will have to have the same baud rate as the PV, default is 19200 and a different node address default for the PV is node #2.

Make sure Rslinx is not running as a service and that there are no other drivers configured.

You can use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver in RSlinx. With a 2711-NC21 or 22 cable to program the PV. Then use the same cable for the ML1000 connection. The port on the ML1000 will have to be configured for DH485 protocol.

There are issues if you have service pack 3 on your XP PC. See link for a fix for that.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51959

Or use a memory card to program the PV as stated above post #7.
HI
The cable 2711-NC21 or 22 has 9 pin one side and 8 pin (round shape) the other side how this cable can be connected to laptop with serial com port as I mentioned the PV 300 has 9 pin port not 8 pin .Thanks

Hi Perspolis,
I really like it when the OP answers their own questions and then posts the findings on the thread.

It will probably help somebody else down the road.

Too many times I read "got it", "my boss figured it out"
Man you've got me on the edge of my seat, and left me hanging.
What did your boss do to figure out the problem?

By the way, why are you using a PV300?
Was it just laying around?