SLC500 ladder/data files

apet

Hey.
SLC500 3/05 4/05 5/05
Is it possible to load only ladder without any data files to the processors or only data files without touching the ladder ?? If its possible to separate them, how ?
Thanks

Not exactly sure what you are asking but I will give it a shot. If you're asking if it's possible to add ladder logic without changing or adding to the data files then yes that is possible. You would just be making use of existing data files. And yes, you can add data files without adding to or changing the ladder logic. However, data files can only be added to or created offline and then downloaded to the processor

Hmm. Sorry i didnt explain myself clear. Im new to AB after doing mitsubishi/hitachi and other japanese for years and getting used to the differences.

What i meant is let say i got working SLC500, and i want to load to the processor single data file (only) without updating anything else. Or want to load ladder (as whole, not online changes) but leave data files as they are in processor without updating to what i got in the project.
Like in mitsubishi i can load device memory / ladder / file registers all separately and only what i want at the moment without updating anything else.
Thanks again for any answers !

You can add a single data file without affecting or changing the ladder logic. That's not a problem. However, any ladder logic you download has to contain data files that already exist.

Except for those units which have online programming it is usually an 'Upload' - 'Modify' - 'Download' operation.

Some data files can be protected against modification bya download but I haven't used that feature.