kandymann

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello

I am putting an instrument panel together that contains:

1756-IF8H Analog Input HART Module x2
1756-OF8H Analog Ouput HART Module x1
1756-IB16D Digital DC Input Module x1
1756-OB16D Digital DC Output Module x1

***These modules are connected via prewired cables into 16 Point isolated interface modules with LEDs and Extra terminals (B1 and A1) for the DIGITAL I/O and the Analog modules are connected to the Analog Interface Modules with field side terminals (B1 and A1).

Questions:

1. Is the B1 terminals for current and the A1 for voltage? Cant find what terminals are for which.

2. When wiring the field wires to the terminals, there are two terminals for each point on the interface module. Can I just simply use the left terminal for the positive and the right terminal as my negative?

I just want to make sure that I have this thing wired correctly.

Thank you!!!

kandy: Please download manual 1492-td008 , look up for the cable and interfaces you´re using. It´s easy to find out how they have to be connected. In any doubt let me know.