Flashers logic

That is truly weird.

It looks like it must be called, periodically, every ten milliseconds, if the labels are to be believed.

To understand the counters think of the last have of the previous scan. By providing an 'Always Off' enable the CU (Count Up) bit is cleared. Now in the first half of the next scan of this logic the 'Always On' triggers one count.

They are generating toggling by examining the accumulators of the counters. But I don't think the toggle outputs (bottom section) or the counter resets are correct.

I have no idea why they used counters. Simple ADD instructions would have been far simpler to see and would work fine in a periodic task. Instead of "RES, you would just MOV a 0 into the tag. I agree that the output controls are incorrect, particularly rungs 10 and 12.

Similar Topics

I'm designing a 4 way light, 3 lights for NS and 3 for EW. I've got the lights working properly on set times. I now need to make it to where the...
Replies
Views
Hello again..trying something on an existing poorly written program and just wanted to double check something system is an A-B MicroLogix 1200 In...
Replies
Views
Good morning fellow sea captains and wizards, I am being asked to do the above and obtain 4 values from each slave, I know about the MRX and MWX...
Replies
Views
I have a machine which is undergoing upgradation. As part of the process two SEW drives are being replaced., existing Gen B with new Gen C. The...
Replies
Views
Hello Dear users, I am writing about a problem that has been bothering me for a few days, i.e. I am trying to establish remote access to the Allen...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom