scada

What model is the slc?
5/05 has ethernet which requires nothing but a DDE interface server that is included in the package.

Many other methods of communication are available. What is your programming interface. Most of them are available as interfaces also.

Dave

SCADA

Hi

If you are talking about cheap you could try researching this product called "ASPIC". If i am 100% sure, it is made in the Czech republic and comes with 300 tags or so.

You may wanna check

(http://www.merz-sw.com/aspic330/aspic330_overview.php3).

I have not personally worked with it, but i know the company i worked for used to market it as a lower end version of the SCADA. For sure it will work with your AB SLC. It is open ended.

Last edited:
Lookout Direct from AutomationDirect.com is fairly easy to use and low cost. Unlike Wonderware, only external I/O count against your tag count.

Tom,

it's the same with Citect . Freely downloadable and you can start developping immediately. Easy to learn, I use it to teach about SCADA. If you want to use it in production environment you need to acquire a key. Lots of drivers included, unlike Wonderware.

Kind regards,

That 64 tag Wonderware Developer + Runtime seems to be the best offer.
500 USD seems to impossible to achieve.

Question: Is this for a real application, or are you just trying to learn ?
If you are only trying to laern about SCADA programming, then pick one of the packages that have fully functional demos (timelimited):
Citect or Iconics.

A full license for any of these will cost you a lot more than 500 USD.

What is your PLC type EXACTLY ?
What do you want to do with the SCADA package ?

edit: If you have an SLC5/03, SLC5/04 or SLC5/05 with a serial port (channel 0), then you could meet your target price with that Merz ASPIC package that Ashwin mentions. In addition to ASPIC, you need an OPC server for DF1, and Merz has one for only 99 USD.

Last edited:
Tom Jenkins said:
Lookout Direct from AutomationDirect.com is fairly easy to use and low cost. Unlike Wonderware, only external I/O count against your tag count.
I didn't know that! Are you saying I could have say, seven hundred expressions and objects (200 over the 500 tag limit, I believe) and still have a couple dozen connections to my PLC?

Not sure about wonderware but Citect works that way. Only real IO counts (there is the DDE and OPC exception). Therefore you can have unlimited internal tags. If you want to be real sneaky you can even combine real io points into words and decode within Citect to get 16 tags for the price of one. Regards Alan Case

Alan Case said:
If you want to be real sneaky...
The sneakiest thing I've done so far is using the data table object to multiplex data (which brings its own complications). I haven't had to get really sneaky, the highest object count I've gotten to date is in the 300 object range. I just wanted to make sure 'cuz it sounds like something nice to have in the bag if 'featuritis' :rolleyes: sets in.

i have a slc 500 /03 processor and this will be use for a conveyor system in a bottling plant .i am asking this because there are two option that i can take .use a panelview 1400 or a scada for my system monitoring . Again thank to every body how replied