Export RS View ME Trend Data

nmontev

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Wonderware In-Touch Application that exports an In-Touch trend to a .csv file based off of an operator action. This is accomplished using Wonderware's HistDat.exe. It basically takes the pens associated with a particular trend and reports the values back to a .csv based off of an operator defined sample rate. This works fine.

I would now like to duplicate the above function in a RS View ME application. From the searches I have completed, there does not appear to be a Rockwell solution to this problem. Is there away in RS View ME to dupplicate the export mentioned above? If there is, could you point me to some information that would describe how to accomplish this?

I have found some threads that discuss how to accomplish this using VB code, I was just looking to see if a Rockwell solution exists.

Realize that the ME product is usually a dedicated terminal used as an operator interface. Not a computer. While it can be run on a PC, that is not typical. So this type of function you are asking for is not built-in as it is in the higher end View SE product and the In-Touch product you mentioned.

What you would have to do is setup a datalog to save the data used by the trend. Perhaps you are already doing this. This datalog is not however in a usable format like a .CSV. Rockwell has a tool you can run to convert the datalog data to a .CSV. But, you have to run this tool manually after retrieving the datalog data.

You read about it and download from this Tech Note.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33924

OG

Trend Export in FTView SE

HI,
As you mentinoed that in FTView SE, we can dirctly export trend data as per desired sample rate and interval, can you please guide me how I can accoplish this.

Thanks..

Realize that the ME product is usually a dedicated terminal used as an operator interface. Not a computer. While it can be run on a PC, that is not typical. So this type of function you are asking for is not built-in as it is in the higher end View SE product and the In-Touch product you mentioned.

What you would have to do is setup a datalog to save the data used by the trend. Perhaps you are already doing this. This datalog is not however in a usable format like a .CSV. Rockwell has a tool you can run to convert the datalog data to a .CSV. But, you have to run this tool manually after retrieving the datalog data.

You read about it and download from this Tech Note.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33924

OG