Drive question

gas

We had to struggle thru a start up of an old machine that has a 1336 plus drive. To be brief, what is masking?
I was unable to fine it in the manual that we had.

The drive can have multiple "adapters" which can each be allowed or disallowed from having certain control options by using the masks.

Usually, the least significant bit is the terminal strip, and the next one might be the built in HIM, and then might be the build in scanport, next bit could be an add-on comm card, etc.

Is your drive a 1336 Plus, or Plus II? I have found manuals for the Plus II and found that 90% applies to the Plus also.

Thank you Okie
I assumed masking was similar to masking in a PLC but I am unable to find any documentation to tell us how it works or how to use it.
More specifically, what was preventing an expected command.
Anyone out there know of the doc link where we could read about this?

Thank you again Okie,
We were at the "more here" but were inundated with info.
Your second link was the one that was helpful.

I find that sorting the literature library search results by "Publication Type" and "Descending" puts things like User Manuals and Reference Manuals toward the top of the list...

That 1336 Plus link above is a new one for me; I remember not finding it the last time I looked...