SICK ADVANCED S3000 Input Issue

oxlacey

Greetings. I have a CLX interfaced to a SICK, 2-zone Scanner.

My understanding is that only 1 input to the Scanner (A1, A2, B1, etc.) should be ON at one time. I believe my program is written this way.

I go home at night and come in the next morning and the Scanner has a "n" and "3" alternating which is defined by SICK as "Incorrect operation of the control inputs".

Any ideas on what could be causing this issue? It happens sometimes during the day, but never when I'm watching the Scanner.

I dont have the manual at the moment but if i remember correctly there are 1 inverse to every input
Examples
Zone 0
A = 0
AInv = 1
B = 0
BInv = 1
C = 0
CInv = 1

Zone 1
A = 1
AInv = 0
B = 0
BInv = 1
C = 0
CInv = 1
Zone 3
A = 1
AInv = 0
B = 1
BInv = 0
C = 0
CInv = 1

Could this be your problem?

What is the input delay parameter set to? The control inputs must switch from one zone to another within a certain time, usually 10/20ms. This is not easily achieved so an input delay is a good idea.

If you can upload your configuration file i can have a look for you...