Need to work on timers

kapooski2012

I got to understand timers so that I can make them work on a small project for my garage mandoor. Basically I have everything needed (except motion sensor) to put an alarm system for that door. That would be my first project either involving my smart relay or my plc wich have timer capbility. I found a program, on this forum but need to figure out how to mske it work on my own, if not what is the point of learning....o_O

Which Program?
Normally a timer needs to be powered ON while it is timing to operate its contact.
If you turn off the power to the timer the contact reverts to it's normal condition.
Also you said - Smart Relay or PLC
Which one and what brand Please

Sorry, I have an AB Micrologix 1000 and a Telemecanique Zelio-Logic
Basically have every thing in the garage hit a momentary switch to armed the system, and ten seconds to leave, there is a reed switch on the door, and maybe once the door opens again to come in have another ten seconds to hit the momentary switch...what do you think?

Last edited:
that makes it easy - two totally different units
- They both need power to allow the timer to time out.
- the Zelio - I think you use the Timeer name as the contact.
- the AB needs to use a bit
Tx.DN for output when timing is complete.
More info on AB timers - please be more specific.