login info to plc

go_bears

I am trying to get the login info from SE to a PLC tag. We are using factorytalk 6.0 and a control logix plc. The SE tag "CurrentUser()" is the info I am trying to get to a PLC tag. Any ideas would be helpful.

The way I have done it using ME is to use a login macro. The login macro assigns a PLC tag to the CurrentUser() function.

When the application starts, the DEFAULT user is logged in and the PLC tag will see the value DEFAULT. Each time a new user is logged in, the tag will be updated accordingly.

If you need unique login macros for each user, just make sure that have this assignment in each macro.

As far as SE, you could always rely on good old VBA.

I ws thinking VBA but not sure how to write it. we dont use it much. what i am trying to do is when an operator presses a certian button i want to record the login and time the button was pressed. i need the login to go to a string in the PLC so I can record it with Transaction Manager. thanks for the help.

If you are using Site Edition, you can create a BUTTON object that writes to different tag values at the same time. No real VBA required.

&Set PLC_TAG {system\User} I tried using this in the button. this just puts in the words "currentUser()" in the tag. Not sure what to use. If i use "CurrentUser()" in a string display it will display the current user logged in.

You are not using the correct function. You want the following.

&Set [PLC]HMI_User CurrentUserName()

This should work. Just put this in the PressAction dialog and replace the tag I am using with whatever you have.

OK I will try that. i did get using VBA. thanks for the help.
Private Sub StringDisplay5_Change()
StringInput1.Value = StringDisplay5.Value
StringInput1.Download