Ultra 3000 E24 error

gwpurdon

I have a drive that is giving E24 and E23 errors. This is a ballscrew application to move a stop in place. This is a 3.5 amp drive and motor that pulls .4 amps while running. The motor runs for about 10 seconds every 15 minutes.
We have checked the ballscrew for binding, tuned the drive, replaced the drive, replaced the motor, replaced the encoder cable.
Has anyone seen this before?

1) Using Step/Direction? Check signals with scope. These drives are picky about signals. Won't tolerate noise.
2) Check encoder feedback with scope.
3) Check power supplies feeding drive signals and encoder. Check for ripple, noise, etc.

From manual:
E23 IPM Thermal Protection Fault. The internal filter protecting the drive from over heating has tripped.
• Reduce acceleration rates.
• Reduce duty cycle (ON/OFF) of commanded motion.
• Increase time permitted for motion.
• Use larger Ultra3000 and motor.
• Check tuning.

E24 Excess Velocity Error. Velocity error limit was exceeded.
• Increase time or size of allowable error.
• Reduce acceleration.
• Check tuning.

Anyone can tell me how to

Increase time or size of allowable error.
• Reduce acceleration.
• Check tuning.

from Rslogx 5000, I mean which tab of the servo motor instruction, haunted me all night, couldn't completely kill the E24 Alarm, had to limb on to finish the production

thanks!

:geek::geek::geek:
1) Using Step/Direction? Check signals with scope. These drives are picky about signals. Won't tolerate noise.
2) Check encoder feedback with scope.
3) Check power supplies feeding drive signals and encoder. Check for ripple, noise, etc.

From manual:
E23 IPM Thermal Protection Fault. The internal filter protecting the drive from over heating has tripped.
• Reduce acceleration rates.
• Reduce duty cycle (ON/OFF) of commanded motion.
• Increase time permitted for motion.
• Use larger Ultra3000 and motor.
• Check tuning.

E24 Excess Velocity Error. Velocity error limit was exceeded.
• Increase time or size of allowable error.
• Reduce acceleration.
• Check tuning.

thanks, Steve, I am not quite familiar with

this alarm, Could you please tell me is it possible do something from Rslogix 5000 servo motor motion instruction? I checked instruction everywhere last night, couldn't find any way to clear it from PLC, only had to press the reset button after alarmed out, your response is highly appreciated!

:geek::geek::geek::geek::geek:
QUOTE=Steve Bailey;512618]In Ultraware, the acceleration rate is under "Mode Configuration" and the following error limit and time is under "Faults".[/QUOTE]

If you do not have a functional copy of Ultraware in order to directly configure the Ultra 3000 you could "tweak" the Accel/Decel rates within the RSL5K ladder logic Motion Move instruction dedicated to the troublesome segment.
Find the instruction "responsible" for the respective segment (MAS, MAJ, MAM, etc.), "expand" the operand and adjust the Accel/Decel Rates until, hopefully, the issue is solved.