String Panel View to PLC (MCL) and TELESIS

Salas

Can anybody help me please ??

I need to: write a charater into a PV 600c an this send to a PLC (1400) and read it by a TELESIS (marker processor).

exemple.

i select 1 model XXXX324567 and this was print by TELESIS, but the supervisor need to change XXXX for YYYY made from PV 600c send to PLC and write into marker and print this change...

SO can i send by a STRING ??? write a string entry in 600c and read in MCL and send to TELESIS....

who i can send a char an read it into PLC ?? only whit string entry or need a ASCII code ??

Telesis has it own software to change the character which runs on normal pc. I used to setup telesis laser marking on part which had dedicated pc/monitor.

No. You need to have a program to edit and download. We used to change date code everytime shift changed. So there was a computer had telesis program in it.

You can make multiple programs in software which to be called from panelview. But I am not sure if telesis software has such inputs for program selection.

what model Telisis do you have? Some of them have a serial interface. You can use the serial terminal to change the print code. String manipulation is UGLY in Ladder Logic.

Go to Telisis website and download the manual and look for the serial string

>> Yasirkhi in TELESIS's processor i have 20 models (pattern) that i can to select, i made some test to select different patterns and is ok, at the display from telesis i saw the changes when i select models.

>> Jeff The model is TMC 470.
that has rs232 and ethernet port my doubt is if only with PV string and read/write ASCII code into PLC could edit a TELESIS code.

Well the requirement in this project is that the operator could change or edit a new pattern to print in a workpiece, this only use the PV not the TELESIS processor.

Regards

Check the manual and look for host/remote setting.
In ladder programming you might need to send hexadecimal information to telesis controller to change certain variables.

or 4 bits special inputs are used for 16program selection.

The PV will not be able to talk directly to the telisis. The PLC will have to talk to the telisis.

The PV will not be able to talk directly to the telisis. The PLC will have to talk to the telisis.

I know that !!!

In this moment i could write in PV and transfer to the PLC only i need how to send the string from PLC to the Telesis throught ethernet port.

Hi again !!

At the moment i couldn't realise my job to edit a pattern into TELESIS, but i proved with HyperTerminal ethernet and Rs232 communication and was successfully i'll can send charcater to Telesis (Edit my pattern).

I read 1400's manual and other documents to know how send ascii code from PLC to another device (Telesis).

i used MSG AWA AWT different instructions in leader but i haven't been successful.

someone to explain me how i can send ASII CODE.

thanks so much.

The Syntax to send characater to telesis is:

>>> SOH Q STX nn<string> ETX

SOH = ASCII start of header character (001H)
Q = type of code
STX = ASCII Start of text character (002H)
nn = address (for instruccion ex. Pat 1 is 01 etc)
<string> = my edit pattern
ETX = ASCII End of text character (003H)

in HyperTerminar to send a message i need to do:

ctrl+A(SOH)|Q|ctrl+B(STX)|01(nn)|hola|ctrl+c(ETX)

and recive hola in telesis.
but i don't know the instructions that remplace SOH STX etc to the PLC.

The Syntax to send characater to telesis is:

>>> SOH Q STX nn<string> ETX

SOH = ASCII start of header character (001H)
Q = type of code
STX = ASCII Start of text character (002H)
nn = address (for instruccion ex. Pat 1 is 01 etc)
<string> = my edit pattern
ETX = ASCII End of text character (003H)

in HyperTerminar to send a message i need to do:

ctrl+A(SOH)|Q|ctrl+B(STX)|01(nn)|hola|ctrl+c(ETX)

and recive hola in telesis.
but i don't know the instructions that remplace SOH STX etc to the PLC.

I have never gone so deep to make changes in the program. Changing the pattern, style, font size and positioning could be weird.

I used a dedicated program made by telesis to make any changes by a separate PC, and it was so easy and quick.

And thankx for sharing back.

Good afternoon people !!

Well only to say you, that i've been succesfull to edit pattern into Telesis from PanelView obviously made the correct program in PLC.

I used the istruction AWA and ASCII Concatenate to send my SYNTAX at Telesis's processor.

follow the syntax in Hyperterminal like ctrl+A into PLC a put ^A who is the same.

Well thanks for u' answer and support.

Closed.

Be carefuly with the string length.