Citect graph/Trend

joigunni

Supporting Member
Hi
I’m trying to make a graph in my Citect something like this, see attachment:

Where “Y” is water percent (%) in a tank and “X” is a sample taken when inspector press a button. I only want to take sample, or rather show sample on my screen when this button is pressed not with timeline. As the pitcher shows there have been taken 10 samples (button pressed 10 times) and no way to tell when they were taken, it could be 5 minutes between 6 and 7, and 30 minutes between 7 and 8, I want to have it like that.
If I chose Trend in Object in Citect Graphic builder, I can make a graph that shows water percent(%) in timeline that’s easy, but how to do it as I mentions before, any easy cicode - code.

Grap.jpg

Got a answer from Citect-support,
I cannot think of a way to achieve what you have requested. A trend graph cannot have a variable span.
:(

Thinking outside of Citect.

Could you use citect to export the data into say a *.dbf, and then import the data into Excel.

Then use Excel to create your graph..

(You can call Excel to run from Citect)

Just an idea :)

Got a answer from Citect-support,
I cannot think of a way to achieve what you have requested. A trend graph cannot have a variable span.
:(

Have you looked at using the plot functions instead of a trend?
When the samples are taken you can store them into an array then create a plot to the screen or printer.

God point, I have to think little about excel.
Plot functions, sounds well. Yes plot functions are probably the way, have to study it.:nodi:
Thanks guys