Allen bradley connection problem

Hi Friends
I am trying to connect a Hakko Monitouch v8 series HMI to Allen Bradlye PLC SLC 500/05. I am using allen bradley 1756-cp3 cable to connect to the hmi panel through the channel 0 of the plc.
I had checked all the settings in the hmi panel software.
Still i am not able to connect to the PLC ,ie, the PLC is not responding , i am always getting a timeout error or communication error. please help me
chitra:confused:o_Oo_O

Hi,

U mentioned you are trying to connect a Hakko Monitouch v8 series HMI to Allen Bradlye PLC SLC 500/05. To achieve this U are using [FONT=Lithos Pro, Verdana, Arial, Sans-serif][FONT=Lithos Pro, Verdana, Arial, Sans-serif][FONT=Lithos Pro, Verdana, Arial, Sans-serif]1756-CP3 cable. With my knowledge this cable is a Programing cable and not a communication cable. And then, have U checked the Pgm mode and Run mode in PLC?
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Hi
In the Monitouch v8 connection manual, it is given that we can achieve connection to SLC500 using this cable which is available in Allen Bradley.
So i ordered this cable.

Baud rate, parity, stop bits, error checking make sure the two devices match.

And make sure the protocol on the SLC5/05 is configured for the protocol your HMI supports.