Omron nt630-st141b-e

I've been asked by a Clent if it would be possible to change a logo on this particular HMI as they have bought some second hand equipment. They do not have the original project/HMI software or cable.

So my question is to any one with experience with this hmi is if I was able to get a copy of the programming software and cable. Would I be able to upload a copy of the installed software. Then be able to edit the text/logo and download it back to HMI. If so what cable and software would I require.

Are these HMI's similar to Siemens HMI's where this is only possible if the original programmer chose to download entire software and also enable the upload function.

Last edited:
you will need to Purchase CX-ONE Omron Programmimg software
the RS 232 coms cable wiring can be found in the documentation

you will need to Purchase CX-ONE Omron Programmimg software
the RS 232 coms cable wiring can be found in the documentation

Can I just comfirm before we buy any software that the following is definitely possible:
To upload the project out of the HMI in a form that will let you edit it and then download it back to the HMI.

Last edited:
Can I just comfirm before we buy any software that the following is definitely possible:
To upload the project out of the HMI in a form that will let you edit it and then download it back to the HMI.
I had never actually tried that procedure so I took a 5 year old NS-5 terminal that I have here and uploaded the program from it. CX-Designer requires you to save the file from the terminal then open it for editing, but it comes up as a complete copy of the program.
I have never used the NT-630 terminal, but it seems like it should work way as the same as the NS-5 does.

Sorry I actualy got the part number slightly wrong its a NT620C-ST141B-E

Anyway I found that OMRON have a vey good Technical Support Helpline here in the UK and they have told me what I want to do is possible and I can download the software for free once I've registered on their website.

www.myomron.com//downloads/4.Products/Software/NT/NTST/NTST-EV4.82.zip

I was also told that the RS232 cable used is not standard so I would need to look for the pinout to make one up.