Rslogix 5K and Compactlogix

Hi All,
I have 2 Compactlogix PLCs(CP1 and CP2) controlling 2 different areas of the Plant and I also have 2 Panel view HMIs mounted on the each of the PLC control panel door.
These HMIs and PLCs are connected on Ethernet network. These HMIs use tags from both the PLCs to diplay and control the Plant. when I use to create or amend the HMI screens, using tags from the both the PLCs was no problem on HMI programming but now I have to program one the PLC to do some control task and I have to use one of the sensor connected to CP2 in CP1 program.
There are 2 things to ask
1. Can anybody please tell me how use CP2 tag in CP1 program ?
2. I want to stop any equipment which was left running in Automode at 12am midnight as safety thing. How do I monitor the PLC clock and put this safety instruction in the program with a reset option or override option in the case if someone wants to run the plant even after 12am.
The programming language is RSlogix 5K.

Thanks for the HELP in Advance.

1.use the Product/consume tag setup or MSG read/write cmd
2. Use GSV - move WALLCLOCK to tag DINT[7]

Can I use directly an Alias tag of remote controller as consumed tag in the local controller or do I have to create a Produced tag of existing alias tag in the remote controller in order to use it in the local controller as a consumed tag.
Thanks

Message from MarkNightingale- For the benefit of other members on forum

You need to use a Get System Value (GSV) instruction in your PLC code.

Make sure that you set up a tag such as LocalTime with an array of 7. Your tag will look like LocalTime[7]. This then gives you the local time and date. LocalTime[1] is the year, LocalTime[2] is the month and so on. Therefore using an EQUal instruction as LocalTime[4] = 00 will give you an option to do something at midnight.

Hope this helps.

Mark

You have to make the tag in the remote PLC a produced tag. This will mean going offline to change the existing tag and downloading. Once you have a produced tag then you can access this tag with a consume tag in the local PLC.

If it is not easy to shut down the machine to create the produced tag then the easiest thing to do is just create a new produced tag and mimic the tag you want to monitor whether it be with a MOV, COP or XIC type of instruction.

Both the produced and the consumed tags have to be of the same data type for it to work.

Hope that helps.

The Tag I want to access from remote PLC is a BOOL type and the RSlogix5K doesn't allow to create a Produces Tag of Bool type.
The Tag I want to access is Tank High High level signal.
Any suggestion from members to solve this problem

Set up both the tags as DINT not BOOL
You can write and read to each DINT in bit format