upgarding Citect project from old V5.21 to latest V7.2

matt_sd

Hello, I am replacing old PC hardware with a new Windows 7 64bit PC therefore upgrading an old project that was Citect V5.21 (approx 2002) to the latest Citect V7.2.
The original Citect project was communicating with a Koyo 205 PC direct via Ethernet (KOYONET205 driver)

I have run the migration tool but still have many errors that I am working through.

Has anyone done this and is there anything I should be aware of?

I got an initial error about no clusters (these didn't exist in V5.21), I have created a cluster entry (just given it a name). This error now has cleared.

Other errors are:-

1. 'Value out of range for a given type' This is tags in variable.dbf - looked at one, This is a TMR BCD 0 -10000 raw and 0-1000 Eng
  2. 'No Server of proper type is defined for the specified cluster' This is in tags in trends.dbf
  3. 'Bad integer value' Context 'Line[1]:{FLASH_WHITE}' this is in fonts.dbf

I will work through these errors but the bulk of them are the 3 above (also some 'tag already defined' that are using the same name but different address in PLC database - I will look into this and not sure if the error was caused during the migration.

Any advice will be great thanks

Did you figure this out?
I'm getting the "No server of proper type is defined for the specified cluster" on all my trend tags.
Also, for your "value out of range" problem, I just changed the data type from INT to REAL. Compiled properly but I have not tested it yet.

With the value out of range, 10000 is not supported in the new 7.2 version so change:-
0 -10000 raw and 0-1000 Eng
to
0 -9999 raw and 0-999 Eng

With the 'No Server of proper type is defined for the specified cluster'

From memory, all I had to do was add a cluster and then select this cluster on the I/O device.

Just look at the demo project with 7.2 and it will show how the cluster is related.