MAVE - RSlogix 5000

DBLD99

I am trying out the MAVE instruction to give me a 24 Hour Rolling Average and a 1 Hour rolling Average for the same Input. I have it in a periodic 1 Minute task and it working great with the first array at 1440 and the second at 60.

One thing I cant seem to find in the documentation is..After the 1 Hour and the 24 Hour period do I have to reset the StorageArray to 0 in order to get a new 24 and 1 Hour average?

I found an article on AB's website that in order to reset this instruction I would have to put the IN = 0 and the INITIALIZE =1 for a scan then back to 0?

How you selected 1440 for 24 hours?

How to know after how much tome the controller pushes data to the array? If i select second will it be 3600*24. If so, will it be more accurate than 1440 avg sampling. Pl let me know.

no reset needed

the initialize resets the array to 0 and restarts the moving average