RSlinx will not browse

russrmartin

I know you guys are sticklers for specifics, so I will look them up. But I was hoping this was possibly a simple problem. When opening a project in RS5, I cannot get linx to browse at all. If I manually open RSlinx, it will not open. If I go to the launch control panel, that window will open, but I cannot start Linx. Anybody seen this before. Should I simply unistall and reinstall? I'm open to all ideas.

Russ

First get the latest version 2.41 or 2.42
Try to remove all drivers and ad them one at the time.
Open lanch panel and uncheck "run as a service" box.

I had the same problem in the past.

For some stupid reason I had to unistall rs5 and linx and reinstall and the problem went away.

Rockwell was no help.

P.S. I wish everyone could have a Ken Roach around.

Russ,

It could be hung up looking for your activation file. Make sure you have moved it to your hard drive with the EVMove utility or make sure you have the master disk installed in your floppy drive. Also, take a look at your rocksoft.ini file in your windows directory. Try setting the parameter KEYDISK=FALSE if you've put the file on your harddrive and see what happens. You could also set the parameter CHECKDRIVES=C,A. This would tell it to check your hard drive first, then your floppy. Also, from what I understand, if you had mapped drives from when you were previously connected to the network and now you are disconnected but those drive mappings are still there, this could cause Linx to stall as it wants to scan all drives for the activation.

Good Luck,
Jeff