I dont think we should say bubba anymore...

If we used Urban Dictionary as our political correctness filter, I don't think we'd be saying much at all.

Former President Bill Clinton was nicknamed Bubba. Its a common name frequently associated with rednecks in many forms of American humor that pokes fun at ourselves. Urban dictionary usually isn't the best source for definitions since it usually focuses out the more crass usage of language.

Former President Bill Clinton was nicknamed Bubba. Its a common name frequently associated with rednecks in many forms of American humor that pokes fun at ourselves. Urban dictionary usually isn't the best source for definitions since it usually focuses out the more crass usage of language.
During the 1992 campaign, a USA Today cartoon showed Clinton at a podium saying "Ich bin ein Bubba!"

My late father often used the term "plier mechanic," which pretty much explains itself.