Multi-Status Light

timryder

Hey All,

For years now I have been using those banner multi-colored status lights and everytime i seem to reinvent what I think each light should mean.

i was wondering in a typical machine with Auto/Manual mode, what are everyones ideas as to what a standard should be. That is to say, what do each of the colors and blinking versions of the colors represent?

At a previous employer, we had stacklights that had green, yellow, red, and blue on presses that made brake pads:
Green steady: machine running in auto
Green flashing: machine running in auto but in "empty-out"
Blue: machine in manual mode
Red flashing: un-acknowledged alarm
Red steady: acknowledged alarm
Yellow steady: out of plates
Yellow blinking: out of friction material
It's quite possible to have more than one light on at a time.

In general, yellow is warning, red is alarm, blue is manual, green is auto.

Where I am now is a disjointed, chaotic, mess with blinking lights, steady lights, rotating lights, and strobes all over the place. Most of them without signs. I've been here 2 years and there are a lot of them I've never seen lit up and others that I haven't found anyone who knows what they mean if they were. I suggest you NOT do it this way... ;)