Resetting Standard Panel View 600

villestill

Hi All, I'm new here and want to ask question regarding standard PV 600.(Cat. 2711-T6C8L1 Ser: B Rev: C FRN: 4.43)

1. Is it possible to reset to factory default settings using config screen? If so, how?

2. Looking at the PCB inside the Panel view when I open the back cover, I observe some settable jumpers labelled JP1 and JP2 beside the Comm and Fault LED. How are these jumpers work?

If there is already an existing thread about this query, please redirect me there.

thanks
Hi All, I'm new here and want to ask question regarding standard PV 600.(Cat. 2711-T6C8L1 Ser: B Rev: C FRN: 4.43)

1. Is it possible to reset to factory default settings using config screen? If so, how?

You can load applications from the config screen, but I don't know of any factory defaults methods.

Overwriting the firmware should guarantee factory defaults, but your firmware is not too old so I am not sure why you would want to do this.

Thanks for the reply.We have already sorted out the problem.Due to power surge, it affected our production machines which have SLC5/04 and PV600.We try to upload/download an application using RS232 direct point to point but we can't.It seems no communication link. We thought it has something to do with settings and hoping it is not due to hardware fault. We figured "Printer is enabled" which maybe the cause why we cannot communicate. Now everything is ok after we download an application(backup).