How is work for you system integrators?

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
In another thread guys are planning on going to an annual automation show. I am currently blessed with a full calender of work. So I just wanted to know what the other guys are seeing out in this market? Are you covered up, OK, starving, etc...

In another thread guys are planning on going to an annual automation show. I am currently blessed with a full calender of work. So I just wanted to know what the other guys are seeing out in this market? Are you covered up, OK, starving, etc...

We have noticed contracts for food, dairy and beverage industry in the Southern Ontario area drying up. Coming off a few big contracts that fattened up our bank account.

We are now busy trying to get busy, but if no new major contracts are picked up for the new year, we will have to invoke cost cutting measures again as we had to in 2009.

But, I will be going to Automation Fair.

I thik nnext year I am going to block out those dates and go the one in Atlanta. I have only ever gotten to go to a mini automation fair in Louisville, Ky.
Last year I had tonsils removed and thought I would use the automation fair as a good recovery time. I couldn't get out of bed so I canceled that trip.

I thik nnext year I am going to block out those dates and go the one in Atlanta.

If I had work I would never turn it down and go to a fair :) take the work while you can.

That said, let me know when you are going and I will drive over :rolleyes:

I've been wanting to got to Automation Fair and TechEd tthe past two years, but I'm swamped...our entire controls group is busy and keep other offices busy too.

All and good, but gives little room to breathe let-alone keep yourself continually educated!!

Probably a better question in person, face-to-face, of via PM. (OMHO, of course)

I'll follow Ken's clarification to my suggestion, and mark my name badge.