12" Quickpanel View

Jaybird61

I have a IC754VSI12MTD Quickpanel, new, that I cant communicate with. It has a 25 pin port and ethernet port, since I am not well versed on the ethernet stuff, can I use the 25 pin port to download from my laptop to the QP? I have a cable that has serial plug on one end and 25 pin on the other but when I try to download it gives an error and the laptop freezes up. I think I have somthing set wrong but I cant seem to find it.

Last edited:
There are laptops that have a 25 pin port which resembles a 25 pin Serial Port. This is actually a Parallel Port for a printer (LPT) with a female connector. Most 9 and 25 pin Serial Ports use male port connectors on the laptop. I don't really know if the 25 pin port on the QuickPanel is a Parallel or Serial port.

Edit:
After reviewing the QuickPanel manual it appears that the 25 pin port is a Serial Port as RussB said.

Last edited: