Excel, CX-Server 4.0 and examples

DefelRadar

Hi Guys, I am trying to take some data from the DM area of a CQM1H-CPU51 and send it in to Excel adding a new row with every addition. I looked over the forum and found a topic on using the CX-Server to do this and how to set it up on that end but I was wondering how to set it up on the Ladder Logic, PLC communication end. Could I send the data out the peripheral port or do I have to use RS-232? If anyone has an example of how they did this it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Thanks Jay,

I didn't have the processor in order to test it out so I wasn't sure where the magic was happening :p I set everything up according to the CX Server DDE Management documentation you mentioned and my Excel fields look something like this after I did a copy and paste special of the points into Excel
A B C D E
1 !L0004 DM4000 GECOM1299/DM4000/10/RAW Serial Number
1 !L0002 DM3000 GECOM1299/DM3000/50/RAW DVT CAMERA DATA

I just wanted to make sure everything looked right because the PLC is on the customers' floor where the upgrade has to happen so I am just trying to ensure everything will run smoothly!

I don't think you did it right. The reference in the cell should look something like this:
=CDMDDE|'C:\My Documents\CX Server Projects\Welker.cdm'!\DataPoint1

Many many many thanks Jay! Yes I was doing it wrong....I was clicking on the point I wanted to copy and selecting copy and then trying to do a paste special into Excel but it would not let me copy it as a link. However with a few tweeks of what the cell was supposed to look like that you sent me it is now working correctly with the C200HS I am using as a test bench. Thanks again!!