Motorola ACE3600 CPU3640 using MatrikonOPC DNP3

PoppinJar

Hi guys,

Anyone used MatrikonOPC Server DNP3 with Motorola PLCs before? How do I know whether the data are pushed into the server? Is there a way to check?

Hi guys,

Anyone used MatrikonOPC Server DNP3 with Motorola PLCs before? How do I know whether the data are pushed into the server? Is there a way to check?

I've not used MatrikonOPC Server before but you should be able to tap the Error Logger in the ACE 3640 to see if you can find anything out of the ordinary. Obviously, your OPC Server should have at least one client. Are the client's (HMI/SCADA) tags being updated accordingly with the ACE transmit/output buffer? In other words, when you see a change of state for an AI or DI in the ACE, do you see that change of state on the end user operator screen?

Last edited:
bluenoser, I have not personally used their tech support but I know Webhead has. (He and I worked together for 8 years). I have not heard great things about it.

What's your question? If you're not comfortable asking here, shoot me a PM. Legacy MOSCAD and ACE3600 can be tough getting set up and running but it's bulletproof when you do.

Thanks bwhite! I have done a number of ACE3600 systems communicating with analog CDM750 radios. You are correct. Once set up they are flawless. I am starting a system now that has the MotoTrbo digital radios. I need information on how to set up the ports, etc for these radios. The Motorola documentation keeps going in circles.

For some uncanny reason, I knew you were going digital with this. ;)

CDM750, CM200, MDS I can talk about. MotoTrbo I can't but there are some guys in my office that are gurus with our new FSA product. I will talk with them in the morning over coffee. In the meantime, I'll PM you my work email address.

Ben