PLC for water / waste water

mech962784

Dear experts

I am trying to learn about the water / waste water process automation using PLC , do you have any plc application (For any type of Plc )that can help me understand this process? Can you please share it with me.

Thanks

The problem you will discover is that water /waste water plants are all different construction. What works for one plant is nothing like what is needed for another.

The problem you will discover is that water /waste water plants are all different construction. What works for one plant is nothing like what is needed for another.

I do know that , but I want any sample to understand the process and the general idea , then I can customize the program as per any plant requirement

As mendonsy stated, there is no cookie cutter scenario that can be used. Every plant will have their unique design requirements that have been created by design engineers. The only way to know what processes they use is to see their design criteria.

They may all use the basic concept but implementing those concepts are never the same. The idea to customize a program to fit all scenarios is pretty much what the PLC was designed for. The ability to easily create a control system that can be adapted to almost any situation.

The PLC is merely one tool used for the water / wastewater process. For that matter each process is very different from each other.

IMHO, continue to learn the processes. Then as you find how each step is controlled you can create some sort of template that will work with that particular process. If it fits in more than one project then bonus. Huge variables that cannot be determined is instrumentation.

Dear experts

I am trying to learn about the water / waste water process automation using PLC , do you have any plc application (For any type of Plc )that can help me understand this process? Can you please share it with me.

Thanks

I'm not sure if you are trying to learn the wastewater treatment processes or the process of automating the treatment plants.

Wastewater treatment consists of a lot of individual processes operating in series or parallel, with a tremendous variety of different processes in use. A good resource is the Water Environment Federation: http://www.wef.org/ or the IWA: http://www.iwahq.org/1nb/home.html

Both of these organizations have a variety of books and resources available for learning the process.

If you are wondering about the automation, then you need to know the process first. Fundamentally, though, it isn't different than any other automation. Lot's of motor control, feedback control loops for the processes, and monitoring functions for displaying process performance data for the operators.

Goto Wikipedia start with a search for water treatment. Follow all the different links for industrial water, waste water, agricultural water, etc.

I would like to thank you all for your answers , I know that I need to learn the process first , but I was hoping that somebody who worked in this process to share some PLC sample programs for parts of these processes(Like filtration , Biological treatment...etc) , which along with my readings about the process can expedite my learning.

I would like to thank you all for your answers , I know that I need to learn the process first , but I was hoping that somebody who worked in this process to share some PLC sample programs for parts of these processes(Like filtration , Biological treatment...etc) , which along with my readings about the process can expedite my learning.
You are welcome.
Please remember that everyone puts a LOT of time and money into their system and are a little reluctant to give them away to anyone.

Yes I know that , but by sharing we can develop our knowledge for the whole , and increase the level of competency.

In addition I am asking for some few samples , not necessary the full program.

Thanks

If I may make a suggestion, why don't you consider a particular part of a water treatment operation you might want to learn about. Learn how that process works and then attempt to develop a system to handle just that part of the process. Break down the process part to something that can be manged in a forum thread. Decide what instruments to use, make an IO list and take a stab at the program. Then bring it back here to discuss it. You'll find more help that way.