Communication Loss (DF1)

Good evening Sirs,

I have a doubt, I don't know if there is another topic about this subject. I've searched the forum but didn't find anythinga about this.

I'm using a 1766-L32BXB and a C400 HMI communicating with a 1761-CBL-PM10 cable in DF1 protocol.

I'd like to detect if there is any communication loss beetween my PLC and my HMI, if it happens I'd stop the machine. Is there a way to detect that, without adding any hardware to my configuration?

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure about the ML1400, but I have used the S:33/4 bit for this purpose many years ago with a ML1000 to detect when comms are lost. The bit would change to zero about 3 seconds after communication stopped or a cable was removed.

EDIT: This bit does not appear to do anything for the ML1500 LRP I have on my desk now. Try it before you go too far. That bit may only apply to DH485, not DF1.

Last edited: